Hearts & Minds - Information for ChangeSM
Seven Steps to Improve Your Environment and
Quality of Life
We won't have a society if we destroy the
- Margaret Mead
- Conserve energy by using energy efficient lighting, computers,
and heating systems. Conserve water by fixing leaking faucets and using water-efficient
- Expand your mind instead of your electric bill. Read a book
instead of watching television. It uses less power and gives you more.
- Take advantage of natural daylight. Turn off lights when you
leave the room and use timers on lights needed for security.
- Run fans and enjoy the breeze through open windows during the
summer. Fans use far less energy than air conditioning but turn fans off when you leave
the room. Turn down the heater and wear your favorite sweater during the winter.
- Walk instead of using mass transit. Take a hike instead of a
drive. Its good for your body and the environment.
- Eat more salads and cook a little less often. Buy locally
grown fruits and vegetables. They taste better and use less energy to reach your town.
- Run dishwasher with a full load, spend less time in the shower
and flush the toilet less often to save water. Switch washing machines temperature
from "hot" to "warm" when practical to save energy.
To waste and destroy our natural resources, to skin and exhaust the
land instead of using it so as to increase its usefulness, will result in undermining in
the days of our children the very prosperity which we ought by right to hand down to them.
- Theodore Roosevelt
More Articles and Links on Environment
Top of Page | Home Page
| Site Guide | Membership
by Sung Ah Kim, Hearts and Minds
This web page and entire website © Copyright: 1997 - 2015 by Hearts and Minds Network,
Inc. Photo courtesy of Flickr user IvanoMak & licensed under Creative
latest text changes March 31, 2007
Hearts & Minds
Volunteer with Us
Copyrights, Reprints & Important Notes