How Poverty Feels
We don’t want to guilt you. But knowing how it feels – and that we all can help – kindles our compassion and keeps us motivated.
So how does extreme poverty feel?
- Walking for hours in the hot sun, just to get some water.
- Feeling weak, suffering from easily preventable diseases.
- A mother watching her child slowly waste away, because she has no milk to give.
- Breathing unhealthy air while working 100 hours a week for bare survival pay, when a loan of $100 could start a small business.
- It’s being hungry. Very hungry.
How does it feel to be part of the solution?
It feels good. And it’s easy to get started.
Make your voice heard: Please sign the petition
It helps to know the dangers.