Hearts and MindsSM works to help end extreme global poverty more quickly. Our public education and grassroots advocacy raise support for the most achievable, cost-effective methods.
Our new website launches soon. It can be previewed at www.heartsandminds.org.
What we’re looking for
- Seeking content publishers, taking what’s written and approved and posting it into the website.
- WordPress experience is ideal. experience with other CMSs also very welcome!
Experience /Skills /Abilities /Behaviors
- Intermediate level knowledge of WordPress blog posting
- Creating and editing web content within WordPress
- At least a year each of HTML and CSS concepts
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Must be willing and able to learn from and share with others
Flexible hours available.
- Except for those with high level, professional skills, we ask most volunteers to average at least 15 hours a week for at least a month.
- Some exceptions to these guidelines are possible. You can speak with us about this before you come in.
- If you have some, we appreciate a link to samples of your work.
- If you have any questions, you are welcome to call us at 1-212-280-0333.
Thanks for your interest!
Want to apply? click the “APPLY” button to complete our online form.
This job application is open until September 30th. If selected, the next step will be a video call interview using Google Hangouts.
If selected, you will be working from home and expected to travel to our headquarters in New York occasionally.
This is a volunteer position. You’re required to work 15 hours spread over 5 days a week.