Before Your Info Session
A helpful checklist
Below is important information. Please read it completely before your info session. Thank you!
You will meet with Bill Blackman, Hearts and Minds president. He will talk with you about the organization, how volunteering works, your areas of interest and skills you’d like to improve. He is happy to answer your questions.
The info session usually takes about an hour.
What to wear and bring
- Please bring the original of your government-issued photo ID such as your driver’s license or passport. Please also bring proof of your current address. This can be the original of your most recent phone, electric or similar bill. Even advertising mail is OK.
We require these things to be sure all our volunteers are who they say they are, for everyone’s safety. You do not need to show us your social security number or any credit card info.
- If you’re under 18, your student photo ID is fine. We will need to see just a copy of a parent or legal guardian’s ID and their most recent bill as explained just above.
- Anyone is welcome to bring friends or family members. It’s helpful if we know how many to expect.
- Please bring a resume if available, unless you already sent one.
- You can dress casually. Jeans or shorts and sneakers or sandals are fine. (Clothing required. : ) Please do not visit our offices in sexually provocative clothing such as short shorts, sagger pants, etc.
- Even if you know the city well, we recommend you print out and bring directions to our office. When you arrive here, please use the intercom phone on the right front doorpost. Our extension number is listed there.
We look forward to meeting you!