Seeking SEO Volunteers
Hearts and Minds works to help end extreme global poverty more quickly. Our public education and grassroots advocacy raise support for the most achievable, cost-effective methods.
Our new website launches soon. It can be previewed at www.heartsandminds.org.
What we’re looking for
- Handle SEO for our website so its pages are represented accurately in search engines, presenting information in ways that make it easier to find the organization.
Experience /Skills /Abilities /Behaviors
- Minimum of 1 year of SEO experience
- Strong understanding and knowledge of technical and on page SEO
- Strong knowledge of crawling and indexing process, including XML sitemaps, robots.txt, 301 redirects and how they affect indexation
- Familiarity with web development processes, including important points at which SEO should be considered
- Demonstrate knowledge of how page load and server response time impact SEO
- Apply and be able to explain SEO best practices for site nav, breadcrumbs, internal links, etc to clients
- Ability to conduct critical analysis and identify key insights
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Proactive and self-motivated
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and perform under tight deadlines
- Proficiencies in the use of spreadsheets
- Creative and thoughtful experience in presentation build outs is a plus!
Flexible hours available.
- Except for those with high level, professional skills, we ask most volunteers to average at least 15 hours a week for at least a month.
- Some exceptions to these guidelines are possible. You can speak with us about this before you come in.
- If you have some, we appreciate a link to samples of your work.
- If you have any questions, you are welcome to call us at 1-212-280-0333.
Thanks for your interest!
Want to apply? click the “APPLY” button below to complete our online form.
This job application is open until further notice. If selected, the next step will be a video call interview using Google Hangouts.
If selected, you will be working from home and expected to travel to our headquarters in New York occasionally.
This is a volunteer position. You’re required to work 15 hours spread over 5 days a week.